As a homeowner, it’s important to ensure that your eavestroughs are properly functioning to protect your home from water damage. Eavestroughs are designed to capture rainwater and direct it away from your home’s foundation, but over time they can become damaged or clogged, leading to serious issues. This blog will discuss the signs that your gutters need to be repaired or replaced.
- Water Damage to Your Home’s Exterior: One of the most obvious signs that your eavestroughs are not working correctly is water damage to your home’s exterior. If you notice water stains or streaks on your home’s siding, it could be a sign that water is overflowing from your eavestroughs and damaging your home’s foundation.
- Sagging or Loose Eavestroughs: If your eavestroughs are hanging or pulling away from your home, it’s a sign that they need to be repaired or replaced. This can be caused by heavy rainfall or snowfall, which can put pressure on the eavestroughs and cause them to detach from your home’s roofline.
- Cracks or Holes in Your Eavestroughs: Eavestroughs can develop cracks or holes due to weathering, rust, or corrosion. These openings can cause water to leak out of the eavestroughs and damage your home’s exterior or foundation. If you notice any cracks or holes, it’s important to have them repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- Clogged Eavestroughs: Eavestroughs can become clogged with leaves, debris, and other materials, preventing water from flowing properly. If you notice that water is overflowing from your eavestroughs or that they are not draining properly, it could be a sign that they are clogged and need to be cleaned or repaired.
- Pest Infestation: If you notice that pests such as rodents or insects are nesting in your eavestroughs, it could be a sign that they are damaged or need repair. Pests can cause damage to the eavestroughs themselves and can also lead to further damage to your home’s foundation.
In conclusion, paying attention to these signs is important to ensure that your eavestroughs are working properly. If you notice any of these issues, it’s best to consult a professional eavestrough repair or replacement service to prevent further damage to your home. A properly functioning eavestrough system protects your home from water damage and maintains its structural integrity.
Contact Surrey Eavestrough today for help with eavestrough repair and installation in Surrey, BC. We’d be happy to help!